Tuesday, August 19, 2008

R&R in Durango

Well camp is over and we went to Durango for some much needed family time. As many of you may know Durango is a place where I (Erin) vacationed as a kid. So I was very much looking forward to taking my kids where I played, fished, and had lots of great memories. So Bryan and I packed up the car and headed to meet Gramma Jeanne and Poppies at Lake Valecito. After a six hour drive we arrived and Logan could hardly stand himself so Bryan had to take him to the lake and go fishing right away.

The next day we went on Gramma Jeanne's quad. Very fun. Logan loved it, Landon thought he liked it (but was not so sure) and Levi loved watching! We also loved walking down to the playground and playing. Gramma Jeanne and I learned a great lesson while at the playground. We were on the teeter-totter with Landon and Logan. If you have ever seen my mom you would know that most kids weigh more then her. Well, I should of thought of that because my mom and Landon went straight up in the air. It took everything in me to get her down. She got far enough down to let Landon off. Then Logan went to the rescue. We told him to try to get Gramma Jeanne's leg when she came down. He tried, but missed. Then he kept trying and jumped into the air and grabbed Gramma Jeanne's leg and hung on for dear life. I at that point started laughing so hard I couldn't do anything. None the less Gramma Jeanne and I did not return to the teeter-totter again!

Saturday spent some time fishing with no luck and then returned back to the cabin and waited for the Mariens to join us and they did. Now all the cousins were together and the fun was just beginning. We went out on the lake and fishing again. This time Logan caught his first fish! What a kid.

Thank you Poppies and Gramma Jeanne for a great time in Durango and for great memories! We love you!


Fun on the Quad






Good times on the lake!

My First Fish!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I posted on Alisons blog that I remember going with you and your parents and LOVED it there. What great memories. The funniest would be us fighting in your dads car on the way up about whos side was whos. I remember a ton about that trip!!! The raft ride, horse riding, the LONG canoe trip across the lake, your mom reading on the patio and your dad taking us out on the pontoon boat. What fun memories and is so awesome now that you can enjoy them with your own family! Sounds like you had a great time!
    ~Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home Erin! Love the pics of your babies and daddy at the lake. Hope you enjoyed your time....I know now that your back you probably need a vacation from your vacation! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete