Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Torture of Swim Lessons

The last two weeks we have attended swimming lessons for Logan every morning at 9:00. Torture is the word that comes to mind everytime I think of swim lessons. Let me just give you a picture of how our morning goes. The first lesson, we get dressed, which for our family takes a good hour when you include sunscreen. We make it on time to the first lesson and I warn the teacher that Logan is scared to go underwater and that this will probably not go well. So I hand him off and he screams for me the entire 30 minutes. Fun, right? No, torture. So the next morning we get ready again and he does just a little better. By day 3 Logan has figured out that when he wakes up the torture is going to begin. So now the crying starts as he wakes up, but I have decided for safety reasons I will win this fight. We have now finished two weeks and I finally won!!!!! Logan passed level one which means he can blow bubbles and go underwater 10 times this is called relaxed bobs (yes, the teacher is holding him). Not only did he pass, but he was smiling while he was doing it. Yeh Logan. Not to mention Landon and Levi also have had to endure the torture as they sit and watch from the grass!




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. love love love love love love love your blog!!! Yea blogging sisters:) I am so proud of my Loggies!! We knew he had it in him! Hello have you noticed how amazing Meatloaf's profile is...can you say model potential LOVE IT...my cupcake is so sweet chillin in the shade...Love you all...Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for the Thigpens! Thanks for the update. i love you guys and i love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, so happy you all are up and running now with this. What a great way to keep in touch and see the fam! Love all the pictures, sounds like your family is well and happy and surrounded by wonderful people! Camp... seeing the pics and reading the post reminds me of all the fun we had at camp, although I do beleive your little boy was a lot braver than I was doing those sorts of things at camp..LOL.
    Great to see everyone.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ERIN!!! How long has it been since we last saw eachother?? Way too long. You have grown to be such a beautiful person and I am so proud of you! Maybe one day we will send our little guy to your camp! By the way, our family website is: http://thericesworld.spaces.live.com/

    Drop me a line (aubregary@yahoo.com) and say hello! Great to see you and keep up with all the fantastic things you are doing! Hugs, Aubre

    ReplyDelete