Monday, December 21, 2009

Come Let Us Adore Him

Like many of you, we sang the song, Come Let Us Adore Him on Sunday at church. While singing this great Christmas song I thought about one question over and over again. How have I adored Him this Christmas? Have I spent time with Him or have I spents most of my time with the business of the season?  Have I studied his word or have I watched a lot of Christmas movies? Have I really reflected on how God came to earth as a baby and paid the ultimate sacrifice for my sins? If I am honest with myself I often times get swept up by the traditons of the seasons. I am challanging myself and you to really adore our Savior this week as we celebrate his birth. So, how do I adore my Savior? Here is the definition of adore according to the dictionary.

adore (ə dôr′)
transitive verb adored adored′, adoring ador′·ing
1.to worship as divine 2.to love greatly or honor highly; idolize

I will choose to worship Him, I will spend time with Him, I will love Him, and I will honor Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment